The simulation group is located at the Department of Physics and the Department of Informatics of the University of Hamburg. The aim is to develop a fast simulator which is used to simulate nanostructures to interpret experimental results and to develop concepts of novel spintronic devices.
We are always looking for highly qualified and motivated Bachelor, Master, Diploma and PhD students. We offer interesting topics in the area of
- Nanostructure physics
- Micromagnetic theory
- Micromagnetic simulations
- Nanostructure simulations with biomedical applications
- Software development
- Heterogenous computing (CPU, GPU, FPGA)
- Numerical methods with both a focus on computer science and mathematics
- Development of novel storage concepts
For applications or further information contact André Drews.
All publications of our team members are presented on the Publications page.